It was my cousin’s birthday yesterday. Nothing special, just get together at our place. So I thought I should give her a nice memorable photo. Candlelight Cake photo came in mind. And at the same time its a good photo tip. Here is what you need to do:
* More Candles the better. The idea is to have enough light surrounding the person face and as well for the cake to be visible
* Spread the candles around the cake, dont put them all in one position, otherwise harsh shadows and highlights will be created
* Switch off the Lights (Pitch Black)
* Use a Fix Prime wide aperture lens. Such as the 50mm 1.8. (Zoom lens is ok, but it tends to narrow your aperture while zooming. And you need as wide as possible)
* Set you camera to Aperture Priority, read your adjacent shutter, it should be at least 1/50. If not increase your ISO until you get shutter of 1/50 and above
Hope you enjoyed the tips and that it was useful. Please comments below and let me know your opinion and questions.