I dont claim myself an Expert in Human psychology. But one thing I know, that mystery intrigues everyone. And what intrigues everyone makes a very good photo composition. Of course there are several photo composition to add drama and mystery in your photos. Such as Silhouette, Motion Blur, dramatic light. But what I want to show you today, is something simple and I use a lot and it works for me everytime and it can be done without any technical know how:
- Next time you go photo shoot, take your female companion, whether its your wife, girl friend your sister etc
- Make sure you bring with you a black cloth that would cover your female companion fully. I use the standard Arabic garment (The Abaya). Its important to be Black as it gives sense of Silhouette effect
- Find a good scene that you think will add some sort of mystery.
- Set your Camera to Continuous Shooting Mode, so that you can take several shots automatically at the sometime
- Set your Camera to continue focusing mode
- Frame your Scene and Ask your Female Companion to pass by without looking at the camera, while you continue shooting.
Thats It, at least one shot would look dramatic, and you should end up with some sort of Mystery photo such as the ones below. If you have any questions regarding the above settings, please feel free to ask. Your comments always appreciated